Happy New Year, everyone! Here's hoping that 2013 brings much health, happiness, and peace to your lives! Instead of doing actual resolutions this year, I decided to make a list of 13 things I'd like to do in 2013. Here's the list...
1. Lose 30 pounds. I was doing really good at eating healthier for a while, and then I got off track. I have a gym membership that expires in May 2013, and I haven't gone in a while. I need to get myself back in the habit of eating well and getting my butt to the gym on a regular basis.
2. Brynn needs to finally meet her Aunt Kim. Kim's been my best friend since junior high, and our crazy schedules haven't allowed us to see each other in years. This needs to be the year that we get together and Brynn gets to meet this wonderful lady!
3. Catch up on Brynn's scrapbooks. I'm way behind with my scrapbooking and I'd really like to get her albums caught up.
4. Blog on a regular basis. I tend to think that nobody cares about what I have to write, and then it dawned on me that it really doesn't matter. I write because I like to write, I enjoy the outlet of writing about random things (hence the title of this blog!). I'd really like to start writing at least twice a week.
5. Try 2 new recipes each month. I've gotten in a rut with dinners lately. It seems like I make the same things over and over again, and we're all bored with them.
6. Send cards to friends and family for special occasions, but also for no reason at all. It's so easy to send an email, but it's also fun to open the mailbox and find something other than bills.
7. Finish sewing projects that have been sitting around. I have one large cross stitch project called "The Gift" that my sister-in-law asked me to make for her. It's a confusing pattern, so when I pull it out to work on it, I never stick with it for very long. This will be the year that I surprise her with the completed project.
8. Read more books. I have a whole library of books on my Kindle just waiting to be read.
9. Get Personally Yours by Tasha off the ground. I've had business cards made for a while, started a facebook page, and attempted to make a few contacts in the local area. I also started an Etsy page, but I haven't done much else. I'd really like to be able to sell some items this year.
10. Be more positive and optimistic.
11. Do more random acts of kindness.
12. Spend more time with my family. This has been a rough year, and we haven't been able to spend much time together. I really miss them all, and Brynn needs to get to know her family in Argyle.
13. Get my house organized. There are closets that need to be cleaned, clothes that need to be sorted, and old boxes that need to be gone through. If I tackle one area at a time, I should be able to get it all done.