Friday, November 30, 2012

30 Days of Thankful

Like many people I know, I decided to participate in the "30 Days of Thankful" on Facebook.  Each day in November, I looked forward to reading what everyone was thankful for in their lives.  And each day, I posted something that I was thankful for.  Some things were silly, like November 5th, when I had a particularly rough day and was simply thankful for chocolate, but other days were more significant and included my daughter, family, and friends.  Just for fun, I thought I'd compile a list of each of my posts here, so I could easily look back and be reminded of all the things in my life that I have to be thankful for.  Here goes...

Nov. 1-Today I am thankful for my sweet little girl, who can always make me smile, no matter how bad my day has been.

Nov. 2-Today I am thankful for a wonderful group of friends.

Nov. 3-Today I am thankful for my amazing mom and dad, and I'm so happy they booked their next cruise.   It's been a rough year and they deserve it!

Nov. 4-Today I am thankful for the technology that allows me to quickly and easily keep in touch with family and friends, both near and far.

Nov. 5-Today I am thankful for chocolate!

Nov. 6-Today I am thankful to live in a country where I can vote without fear of persecution, prosecution, and even death (in some countries).

Nov. 7-Today I am thankful for the wonderful nurses at Brynn's pediatrician's office.

Nov. 8-Today I am thankful to have found a great daycare/preschool for Brynn.  She loves it there, and the teachers are fantastic.

Nov. 9-Today I am thankful for second chances.

Nov. 10-Today I am thankful for modern medicine.

Nov. 11-Today, and every day, I am thankful for those who have served and continue to serve in our military.

Nov. 12-Today I am thankful for the job opportunity that came my way this past April.  The change has been amazing, and because of it, I have been able to renew a lost friendship.  I have also met and work with some great people.

Nov. 13-Today I am thankful for warm fuzzy socks and a big mug of chai tea.

Nov. 14-Today I am thankful for the morals and values instilled in me by my parents.

Nov. 15-Today I am thankful for good advice from trusted friends.

Nov. 16-Today I am thankful for quiet time.

Nov. 17-Today I am thankful for great neighbors.

Nov. 18-Today I am thankful for my 2 brothers.  While we may not talk all the time and don't see each other as often as I'd like, I hope they both know how proud I am of the amazing men they've become.  Love you, Gregg and Jonathan!

Nov. 19-Today I am thankful for my wonderful best friend, Kim, for way too many reasons to list.  I am truly blessed to have her in my life.

Nov. 20-Today I am thankful for my DVR.

Nov. 21-Today I am thankful for a 4 day weekend.

Nov. 22-Today I am thankful that I had a nice talk with my parents, even if I wasn't able to spend the day with them.  A big part of my heart will always be in Argyle.

Nov. 23-Today I am thankful for online shopping and free shipping.

Nov. 24-Today I am thankful that Brynn got to spend time with Aunt Dee Dee.

Nov. 25-Today I am thankful that I got lots done around the house before I started feeling yucky.

Nov. 26-Today I am thankful for leftovers and not having to cook dinner.

Nov. 27-Today I am thankful for karma.

Nov. 28-Today I am thankful for some really great co-workers.

Nov. 29-Today I am thankful for some much-needed time alone.

Nov. 30-Today I am thankful for all the little things that make me smile.


If you've gotten all the way through my boring list, thanks for reading.  It's been a while since I've written anything on my blog, and it feels good to write again, even if this was a pretty easy post.  Really going to try to get back into the habit of writing on a regular basis!

2 comments:

  1. I read your posts daily, but somehow seeing a list of them really gives me a better sense of who you are.

    Keep writing! I'm struggling also but you need to do it!

    Always glad to visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list was definitely not boring! There's something wonderful about focusing on our blessings, and I love that you gathered all of your daily posts and gave them a bloggy home.

    ReplyDelete