Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Write

I want to write, really, I do!  Just seems like I never have the time.  As you can see, my best intentions of writing with the prompts from my 31 Things class hasn't gone so well.  Oh, I write daily...in my head!  I can't tell you the number of blog posts that have been started in my head.  Bits and pieces of my daily life, things about Brynn, things about work.  But all those bits and pieces seem to add up to a crazy life, with little to no time to sit at the computer and actually post.  A friend recently suggested that I join a daily blog challenge for the month of July (thanks for the suggestion, Amy!).  My reaction...ha!  How can I post daily when I can barely seem to post monthly?  Now that I think about it, I feel bad complaining about how little time I have to post, when this lady manages to juggle 2 children with special needs as well as write insightful posts every day. 

I'm going to try to be better about writing on a regular basis.  Right now, I'm going to shoot for 3 times a week.  We'll see how it goes....  In the meantime, I'm giving up the idea of using 31 Things as inspiration.  I think there are things in my daily life that will make for better posts, whether people actually read and/or comment or not.  At least writing will make me feel like I've accomplished something, and documented a little bit of my life for posterity sake.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good goal!

    The idea behind any writing challenge/schedule (if it is daily or weekly or WHATEVER) is to get into the habit of writing. Find a time that works for you. And, also find the length of writing that seems to work for you daily. A schedule creates habits and teaches you your boundaries. Soon, you'll learn to stretch them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete