Tuesday, June 26, 2012

31 Things #1-Jewelry

I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but my opal necklace is one of my favorite pieces.  I wear it almost every day.  It's one of the few pieces that I own that goes with any outfit, whether I'm dressed up or in jeans.  At work, we are advised against wearing a lot of jewelry; there are times that behaviors occur, and jewelry, especially necklaces and hoop earrings, are the easiest to be grabbed and potentially broken.  Lucky for me, I haven't had that happen, and now that I've switched buildings at work, there are fewer chances of that happening.  

There are lots of superstitions surrounding opals and their wearing, here's some of what I found....

White Opals are unlucky unless worn by someone born in October or with diamonds. *Very unlucky in an engagement ring. *Will lose its shine if the owner dies. *Renders the wearer invisible. *Improves eyesight. *Will help blondes keep their hair color longer. *Will turn pale if in the presence of poison.

Wearing my opal necklace does not, to my knowledge, render me invisible, although that would be nice sometimes.  Good to know that it will help me keep my hair color longer.  And lucky for me, I was born in October, so I get to avoid the unlucky part...


No comments:

Post a Comment