So this is my first official completion of a GBE2 blog challenge, let’s see how this goes…
This week’s challenge…”Breathless.”
I wasn’t sure how to address this topic when I first saw it, but decided it would probably be easiest to hit on a few key things, rather than write a long diatribe about a single thing.
- My daughter saying “I so love you, Mommy” or “Mama, I love you really much.” Side note…for some reason, instead of the word “very,” Brynn says “really.” For the longest time, I wasn’t sure I would ever hear those words from a child of mine, so now, no matter how many times a day she says them, or how much she’s trying to use those words to get out of trouble, they still leave me breathless
- Hearing my unborn child’s heartbeat, seeing her on the ultrasound, and hearing the very first cry of my newborn baby, and so many little things between that day and now…see above reason!
- Getting a call in the middle of the afternoon and seeing my parent’s phone number on the caller ID in March. My parent’s NEVER call in the middle of the day unless something is wrong, so that’s something that always makes me catch my breath. Just hearing my dad’s voice on the other end of the line confirmed my initial thoughts that it wasn’t good news. “Your mom’s in the hospital” was the news. Just writing this now still brings me to tears, even though things are looking up.
- A beautiful sunrise or sunset
- Driving on icy roads in the winter…yes, I grew up in NY and have lived in the western part of the state for nearly 20 years, but I still don’t like the winter weather and will likely never get used to it.
- Weddings…the beauty of a bride walking down the aisle and the pure joy on her face are priceless.